Just realized I haven't listed, for my rocking chair years,

the books that I've read lately, so I don't re-read them when I'm senile. But maybe that's not a bad thing.
Am currently reading the last of the James Lee Burke books, 'Light of the World', and am really gonna miss 'em, cuz they have been my 'go to' book whenever I can't decide what to read next.
 Just finished Lee Child's latest Jack Reacher book, 'Midnight Line', and Michael Connelly's 'The Late Show' and 'Two Kinds of Truth', which were excellent, but my fave lately was Nelson DeMilles', 'The Cuban Affair', which should, and could be, a movie.
I read about half of Stephen Kings', 'Sleeping Beauties, (written with Owen King, his son). I normally don't quit half way through a book, but just didn't care about anyone in it. Also started John LeCarre's ''Legacy of Spies', cuz I heard it was good, but it didn't grab me, so I hung it up.
Read parts of 'The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck', (which I could have written), and Al Franken's 'Giant of the Senate', which had some good parts.
Also read a couple of Harlan Cobens' stuff. "Don't Let Go' was good.
 My fave lately, with The Cuban Affair, was Dan Brown's 'Origin', which does a fantastic job of explaining how MANY people were duped into their religion. Very hard to argue against.
How could I forget John Grisham's 'Camino Island', (excellent), and the latest Daniel Silva books, the Kill Artist and House of Spies, plus David Baldacci's The Fix?
Yup, I read one or two books per week. Good news/bad news, I don't know....
I just know what makes me happy and keeps me sane.
BTW, Les Elmore, the reading lab teacher at Kearney said I was the fastest reader he'd ever measured, PLUS, he said I have have great comprehension.
Maybe that's why I HATE the Pubs and what they are doing to our country, as I start each day with an overview of the news, from FOX to the Huffington Post, after the Denver Post.
I read, comprehend and am SHOCKED, that anyone can fall for the Pub bullshit. The I remember the sheep that are raised of FOXCrap, plus a literal Bible, and it all makes sense.
Anyone who gets their 'news' from Repub propaganda and their history and science from a book of century's old collected myths and superstitions ain't gonna understand reality.
Nothing new here, BUT, they VOTE, in YUUUGE numbers....
Thank you, SO much, for President Trump, the Liar in Chief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?