This time of year is kinda hard, cuz I feel like I should be 'hunting'



but I don't like to hunt any more. My dad, raised 'hungry' during the Depression, learned to fish and hunt to feed the family, and he passed on the passion and skills needed, to me. After fishing for whatever we could catch, I really enjoyed hunting rabbits and squirrels, all kinds of game birds, incl pheasants, ducks, quail and geese, later going after deer and elk
We ALWAYS ate what I shot, cuz that was part of it. I never killed just for 'killing'. It was just part of harvesting your food, PLUS, it was a great adventure.
BUT, I reached a point where I don't like to kill. No fun, or necessity in it. The furry creatures are our friends. Just part of growing up, I guess, although I have nothing against those who hunt for their food, as long as they do it fairly and legally. I can't stand those who shoot bears, mountain lions or African 'trophies'. That's just plain sick, IMHO.
Whatever, I kinda miss it. Hunting this time of year, cuz it was an adventure, walking through the woods in search of game, and we all need a reason to get out and enjoy the great outdoors....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?