Finally done!


Agreed to build a doghouse for friends, which was no big deal, 'cause I've built lots of them over the years. But, I screwed up big time when I agreed to use some leftover shingles they provided, instead of rolled roofing, which takes less than 10 minutes for one person to install. Shingles aren't TOO bad if you got help, or can use an air gun. BUT, I had promised it for this afternoon, 'cause I thought it was the only time the pickup truck was available, so I went ahead and shingled it, by myself. I DARE you to try to put shingles on that slope, using a hammer and nails. Oh, and something else, those scraps you see are ALL that was left. Started to do it right, where the tabs are spaced equally on the row above/below. BUT, would not have had enough shingles, SO, I pulled 'em off and started over. Not pretty to look at, but waterproof and done on time. NOT the fault of anyone but me. I had just forgotten why I never used shingles, even when they were free. Lesson RE-learned.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, how cute....I can't type, I'm laughing just at the thought of what this complex roofing debacle must have appeared to the observer, not to mention the ears! LOL
Anonymous said…
Hmmm. Maybe we oughta order one for Duke and Milan? :) I'm sure my dad can dig up some more old shingles...

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?