Robbed!

Finally got my new computer set up so I could post to my blog. For those of you who haven't heard, or even if you have, we were robbed by some real professionals, approx 3 AM on Oct 10th. While we slept, someone came in thru the side garage door, rifled thru the cars and garage, then came in thru the house/garage door, and VERY QUIETLY, stole everything they wanted from our house, including identity information. My laptop, cell phone, I-pod, digital camera, Carol's purse, some golf clubs, knives, etc, are gone. Am noticing new stuff all the time. Pros? They got Carol's purse, found her SS#, and date of birth, and called her Discover card, FROM OUR PHONE, set up a PIN, and about an hour later, withdrew $500 from an ATM, at 4:40 in the morning. Luckily, they tossed Carol's purse as they were robbing another house (one of four) in the neighborhood that night, and most of the contents were still there. A couple of nights earlier they robbed several houses in the Broadlands Golf Course neighborhood. Aside from the feeling of being totally violated, it is hard to sleep, now, and I am going thru a technology overload as I try to replace all the stolen techno-stuff. Had just mastered my new computer after my old one crashed, and had just gotten it loaded how I wanted it. Gotta go for now. More later....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about this, Steve. This is dreadful.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?