Just returned,

from six days in Phoenix, where I played in the annual HDR golf tourney, staying with friends at a 'high end' Arizona retirement/resort community. Absolutely beautiful, and Terri and Dennis were fantastic hosts. As I think back I have a couple of over-riding thoughts. First, I don't understand why I can't score better in a golf tournament situation. It's lots of fun, but the athletic ability I had in other sports just never transferred to my golf game, esp in a multi-day tournament, and am not sure why. Second, although we were able to avoid political discussions, because we are SO far apart in that area, I was subjected to FOXNews (on in the background, or during the 'news' cast) at a much higher level than I could normally endure. Now, more than ever, I realize that once the decision is made to rely on FOX for your political/business information, you have totally given up on 'Fair and Balanced' reporting, and would become a full-time Obama/Dem hater. It is a non-stop barrage of Repub propaganda with some legitimate national/world events thrown into the mix. Would be really funny until you realize how many viewers actually swallow the swill, BUT, I guess my view of FOX is already known to most. Had a wonderful trip, but as always, is nice to be home.

Comments

ladyj said…
you really should teach Bailey how to Blog so your site can stay abreast of the news. Since you've been gone, the nation has gone to hell in a basket for pete's sake...poor old Glenn Beck is out of a job; our nation just about went under; the Republicans are lieing cheating thieving dogs; the Democrats are tearing this country apart. Shirley MacClaine was on Oprah and said we are going to have a rebirth Dec. 21, 2012. And Obama was raised by Chimps. Ya gotta keep up, old man.......
Fam Guy said…
Bailey is too heavily into 'animal rights' issues to be a good replacement, but will check into your other allegations.
ladyj said…
See that you do, okay? and wouldn't mind some animal rights opines here, Bailey.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?