As I switch back and forth,

on TV tonight, and see parts of the 'Country Music Awards', I really miss a part of my life I haven't had for a while. For many years, I would drive across the country, for days at a time, going to, or coming from places like Seattle, Miami, San Diego or upstate New York, and all places in between, listening to the radio. It was exciting, in a different way, each time, and I loved the days behind the wheel, as I listened to the different type of radio available to the road warriors that spend their days on the highways.  That was the only time I listen to NPR or country music stations. Nothing comes from the heart, like country music, and you can only appreciate it, I think, when you're 'on the road'. Kinda miss it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?