I know it's hard to believe,


but I did something really stupid today. Golfing w/Reilly, Homer and Webb (not pictured), I was asked, by Homer, to 'tend' the pin, which means he was WAY far away and he couldn't see the hole, so he needed me to 'tend' it, which meant I should hold the pin until after he putted, then remove it, because if he hits the pin, when putting 'on the green' it is a penalty. Well, he did a full shoulder turn and wacked it. I was mesmerized as it came toward the hole, expecting it to veer off at any moment. It didn't. It died, right in the hole, with the pin still there. I yelled, "WOW, great putt.' Reilly yelled, 'Penalty'. I said, you can't penalize me for spacing out. He said, 'No, penalty on Homer.', (who happened to be Reilly's (JR's) parner, not mine. After a long discussion, settled by the club pro, it was decided it WAS a penalty, not on me, but Homer. Webb and I wanted to overlook it, but JR, a stickler for the rules, prevailed. The best I could do was apologize and offer to pay for his losses. My only excuse, early-onset Alzheimer's...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Yahoo…Dotard’s Big Beautiful Diesel Deal pissed off Ukraine and most of the world, plus well over half of Congress and the US, BUT, it helped his buddy Putin and his partners in Big Oil, sooo, we can see where the dick’s priorities are.