Close calls, cont.


Many years ago, when I did a lot of remodel/repair work, I was called up to Sunshine Canyon, west of Boulder, to do an insurance repair. A VW sized boulder had rolled down the mountainside and ended up in some guy's bedroom. While I met w/him, I noticed a young buck deer, up on his deck, eating from the bird feeder. The guy said it was not unusual as the buck was very tame. Anyway, a few days into the job, I was just starting one morning, and noticed an antler sticking out of a pile of leaves and debris. I looked closer and saw the buck, partially eaten and covered up. A short time later, I proceeded to crawl under the front deck, raised a few feet off the ground, where I had stored the lumber for the job. I was under the deck, in the near darkness, when I heard a deep, throaty growl, and looked up to see a snarling mountain lion about 6 feet away. As soon as I could move, I SLOWLY backed out, got in my truck and left. I can still see those large fangs and hear that growl. Good thing it didn't attack. I would have had to hurt it. (Click on x)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?