Test drive today


After putting down a deposit, over a year ago, and ordering the model and options I wanted, I was able to test drive a Smart Car for the first time today. At 6'4", didn't know if I'd even fit, and knew I was gonna get it anyway, but wanted to know how it handled, accelerated, shifted, etc. Gotta say I was very favorably impressed. Couldn't be the ONLY car you'd own, but for commuting, at 45 MPG, it's alot of fun. People DO stare, just like I do whenever I see one, but got lots of smiles, waves and 'thumbs up'. Th 5-speed auto, with 'paddle shifting' is really cool, and it is surprisingly quick. Great handling, but it is made by Mercedes Benz, so that's not a surprise. Plenty of room for me, and you forget how small it is until you turn and look at the 'back seat'. Ha!. I THINK my golf clubs would fit. Anyway, I am locked into last years' price, $13,800 with all the options I picked, and they are going from $18-20K on E-Bay right now, so the plan is to play with it for awhile, then sell it to the high bidder. With gas at $4/gallon (Thanks, George) and a 1 1/2 - 2 year wait for one, I don't think we'll get hurt. Will post a picture of my Smart Car as soon as I get it. Later...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want one with you standing beside it and one with you inside it. (I'd like a really good laugh) I understand this car is quite safe in front and side crash tests.
Anonymous said…
Yay! Don't sell it before we get to see it!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?