Don't know how,

to say it, BUT, things are pretty strange. My GPS, which usually gets me around when I am lost, is lost itself, about a third of the time. No idea why, but it gets me really lost, and even when it works, I don't trust it any more. In the best of times, traffic in this place is crazy. With traffic lights out, it is NOT the best of times. At least I have elec and a cell phone that works. Also got an AT&T Laptop Connect card. Fantastic. It took the boys at the ATT store almost 2 hours to hook it up. I could NEVER have done it myself as they suggested. I was inside as mobs of people tried to get in, after they locked the doors at 5. The sign said, 'open til 8', on the door, but they closed at 5 so they could honor the curfew and get all employees home in time. No one pays attention to the curfew, not even the cops, but it sure messes up business hours. Won't go into all the stuff, but the reality is starting to set in, and it ain't pretty. Lots of BAD damage, poor communication, terrible traffic, screwed up GPS, (not just me), and a complicated, VERY detail oriented system to learn. And, oh yeah, the US economy is crashing and my daughter is sick. But, just got (good news, bad news) a 3 month leave of absence from teaching. Enough complaining. I got it better than most, here, BUT, I just want to be out there closing claims, and it is nearly impossible at this point. All I can do is give it my best, which will eventually be good enough, I hope...

Comments

Anonymous said…
The news reports we hear state that most folks want to go home...those who left southern Tx. Bad idea to try to get back to Houston and Galveston, since there are no resources to assist those who return. Having been through a Hurricane myself and without electricity, gas, ice, hot water for over 2 weeks, plus no job to go to....it ain't easy!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?