Just for a change,

I decided to go out for a meal, and called down to the desk to get a recommendation on a Chinese buffet, one of my 'staples' on the road. Was on my way, when I passed a really good looking restaurant, called 'Lafayette's' (steak and seafood) , in a building like an old Southern mansion, with a sign out front, saying, 'lunch buffet'. As I pulled in, I thought, 'this is really gonna be good.' WRONG. The seafood was some overcooked popcorn shrimp in some kinda gravy, and grilled grouper, which was some tasteless, soggy whitefish. Finally tried a porkchop, which was about a 1/4" thick, with a half inch of batter on each side. The salad was good, but for $13.99, felt really ripped off. Kept waiting for someone to ask how my meal was, but I guess they had made that mistake before. Next time it's Taco Bell or a Whopper, if I decide to go out again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Yahoo…Dotard’s Big Beautiful Diesel Deal pissed off Ukraine and most of the world, plus well over half of Congress and the US, BUT, it helped his buddy Putin and his partners in Big Oil, sooo, we can see where the dick’s priorities are.