Just for a change,

I decided to go out for a meal, and called down to the desk to get a recommendation on a Chinese buffet, one of my 'staples' on the road. Was on my way, when I passed a really good looking restaurant, called 'Lafayette's' (steak and seafood) , in a building like an old Southern mansion, with a sign out front, saying, 'lunch buffet'. As I pulled in, I thought, 'this is really gonna be good.' WRONG. The seafood was some overcooked popcorn shrimp in some kinda gravy, and grilled grouper, which was some tasteless, soggy whitefish. Finally tried a porkchop, which was about a 1/4" thick, with a half inch of batter on each side. The salad was good, but for $13.99, felt really ripped off. Kept waiting for someone to ask how my meal was, but I guess they had made that mistake before. Next time it's Taco Bell or a Whopper, if I decide to go out again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?