A 'pretty good' day

I spent the afternoon with Buddy Wilkinson, a Texas adjuster, in his 'tryler', outside of Baton Rouge. He had scoped 4 claims in the morning, and I met w/him as he uploaded his pictures, did his estimates, and filled out all the necessary 'stuff' to complete a file. When Buddy isn't a storm adjuster, he runs a 'hunt for hire' ranch, where clients pay to shoot exotic animals, mostly axis, an Indian deer I had never heard of. Looked like a beautiful spread, although I have a problem shooting caged game, but he does have over 8 sq miles, which does make it somewhat of a hunt. Good news is, that there is a whole lot less printing than before. Bad news (not really that bad) is that it will take a while to learn all the ins and outs of a new system, BUT, when I do, I think I'm really gonna like it. Last I saw, Ike was headed toward the Corpus/Galveston area, which wouldn't generate that many claims, unlike, say, Houston. Whatever, am still on paid standby, so continue to standby. I'm good at that...

Comments

Anonymous said…
My daughter lives near Austin and it looks as though Ike is going to head straight through Texas, up into Oklahoma, my birth state. That's wide open flat country and prone to flooding with that clay soil, the farther north you go. Was stationed at Ft. Hood back in the 60's. I'm sure much has changed since then, however lots of creeks and rivers. Folks are in for a wild ride. Cara lives in Salado, Tx. She's my daughter. Her father lives in Harker Heights. Uncanny, that your daughter is named Kari and mine is Cara, eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?