Am taking Acura in,


to body shop today, to have front end painted. While working in Texas last year, on Hurricane Ike, I came upon a few swarms of 'love bugs' as they're called down there. These 1/2" long flying pests swarm as they mate and cause a terrible mess when you hit 'em. I nearly couldn't see thru the windshield, but spent alot of time cleaning it so I could. BUT, I didn't have the time to thoroughly clean the rest of my car, and later, when I did try everything I could think of, to clean the little critters off, it was too late. They literally ate thru the paint of my car. The body shop people, as well as insurance adjuster had never seen it before, but agreed new paint was the only way to fix it. SO, am getting a Camry rental for the week, while they paint my car. Who'd a- guessed?

Comments

Ranny said…
I would have guessed it. They come out twice a year in Florida, May and Sept. Kathy hates them. They are attracted to items that are white in color, and if you hit them while you are driving, and there is no way not to, you need to wash your car immediatley or will have the problems that you haveing, all this hassel over a little loving

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?