Part of the reason

I'm not too optimistic on the economy, is the stories I hear about what it's like 'out there'. I had a long talk, with my good  buddy Kenny, who was my electrician for many of the houses I built.  Seems he started a new job, recently, after he was unable to find anything going on in the Denver area. He's very happy to have found work, BUT, it involves driving 2 1/2 hours each way, to a field NW of Laramie WY, to work on a natural gas relay station. It was either that, or lose his house and everything else. 'I got lucky', he said, ' a lot of my buddies got nothin'. Pretty sad, out there, as the economy can't recover from being totally trashed by the Bush crowd. Would love to see some signs of hope, but talked w/my buddy Don, a general contractor, at the party last night, and he's saying there's nothing to even bid on, any more. Same thing I'm hearing from my buddy Scott, in the landscaping business.  Bunch of articles, lately, about municipalities and states losing their tax base as their outflows continue to rise. Don't shoot the messenger, but the next few years are gonna be REAL interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?