Not sure why,

but I find myself thinking about some of my favorite outdoor moments, and I see a theme. One of my really special fishing memories involves a huge brown trout, working a pool in the Blue River, one morning right when the sun was coming up. I saw the rises, and spent a lot of time sneaking into position, and laid a fly into the perfect spot. 'Twas a long battle, but I landed one of the most beautiful fish I'd ever seen. Then I released it. Another time, I was pheasant hunting, and was driving between fields when I saw a big rooster, with a hen, sitting in the ditch. I turned around, and stepped out with my shotgun. They just looked at me, and I had to go into the ditch to 'kick 'em out'. I just watched as they flew away. SO pretty.. Another time, was elk hunting, with a cow license, and watched as a bull, then a cow with a calf stepped out of the woods, right at sundown. Was an easy shot, but I couldn't do it. Not the only time I couldn't shoot a cow elk with a calf. Anyway, lots of my favorite moments, in the outdoors, had nothing to do with 'bringing home the bacon', rather, just enjoying the moment. Many more, just like that, the more I think about it...

Comments

ladyj said…
Bless your little pea pickin' heart for showing the nature of unity and family. That bond you saw outweighed the "need". Bless you for that, bro.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?