Change of plans,

when we got to the theater to see Harry Potter. Every kid in the area was there, since they had no school, SO, we saw 'True Grit', my first choice, instead. Another VERY memorable movie from the Coen Bros (Fargo, No Country for Old Men). Jeff Bridges was fantastic, as was the 14 yr old girl, and the outdoor scenery. I don't know where they found the 'characters', but it's fun to look at 'em. Never saw the original TG, but sure liked this version. I didn't realize that Steven Spielberg produced it, but it was obvious someone sure knew what they were doing. I wanna see it again....

Comments

ladyj said…
John Wayne, Ron Howard, Glenn Campbell in first movie. Did Jeff take the reins in his teeth and pistols in hands and ride to the shootout? Also did he say, "I'm going to shoot you (or kill you) Ted or Ned McGee."
It's been a long while since seeing the first movie, but the Duke with his gravelly voice made an impression. Can't recall who palyed the girl, but I can see her face.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?