FYI

A while back I went to the Dr. with a very 'itchy' rash that formed in the area around and above my ankles. As soon as I showed the doc he said,'That's an easy one, like a lot of people you're allergic to fabric softener. Just quit using it.' I told Carol, she quit and the problem was solved. Now, a couple of years later, Carol started using it again. How did I know. I got the same itchy rash, again. I looked it up, and found:

Description
Contact dermatitis is the technical name for a reaction on the skin when it makes contact with an offending allergen, such as fabric softener. Mayo Clinic explains that the signs and symptoms of a fabric softener reaction can include a red rash or bumps, itching, pain, tenderness or a localized skin rash. Two of the chemicals in fabric softener responsible for this reaction, states the Environmental Health Association, are quanternium and imidazolidinyl, described as formaldehyde releasers;

SO, if you, or anyone you know has this problem, there's any easy solution. No more fabric softener, liquid or sheets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?