Just watched a good show,

on the San Andreas Fault, that runs through California. It is the most studied fault in the world, and over the last 6000 years has had a MAJOR event approx every 150 years. The last one was in 1857, when a 7.9, known as The Great California Earthquake rocked the area that is now Los Angeles. In 1857 there were approx 3 residents per sq mile, but there are more than that, now. I worked the Northridge quake in 1994, which was pretty major, but nothing like what Southern California is 'overdue' for. Although I consider myself retired now, concerning hurricanes, etc, I think I might come out of retirement, if there is a major quake in the next few years. They're gonna need the help. Just thinking out loud, after watching the TV show...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?