In 2016, Trump was a joke. He is no longer a joke. He has taken over the Republican Party, turning it into an anti-democracy party containing many officials who have bought into and magnified his big lie about winning the 2020 election.

 Those who stood up to Trump have now been purged. Most Republican lawmakers who remain have made it clear that they will bend or disregard any rule that gets in their way.

Trump’s racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia have fueled a dramatic rise in hate crimes across America.

His grievances and calls for vengeance are causing the nation to become ever more bitterly divided, paranoid, and suspicious.

He is less constrained than he was before. His lies are even larger. He is even more self-assured in telling them. 

His rhetoric is even more menacing. “In 2016, I declared I am your voice,” Trump said at the recent Conservative Political Action Conference. “Today, I add: I am your warrior. I am your justice. And for those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution.”


If I gotta explain what’s wrong here, you wouldn’t understand…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?