Just realized,

after several months away from home and loved ones, how eager I always am to come home, after being gone on a storm. Once I get it in my mind, that it's time to come home, and I feel I've earned a break, it always "upsets" me, when I get a few late claims and have to stay an extra week or two. Fast forward to Iraq. Imagine you've spent 11 1/2 months in the desert, your buddies have been killed and wounded, the locals hate you, and you've earned your way home, to your friends and loved ones. About the time you're all packed up, King George decides to ignore the will of the people, the Bilateral Commission, his own generals in the field, and orders a "surge", but the military, already stretched to the breaking point, doesn't have the 'numbers' to pull it off. Too bad. Another 3 months in hell, for you. Do you have ANY idea how long 3 months is, in a situation like that? I can sort of imagine, after living away from home for months at a time. And I live in luxury, compared to those poor grunts in Iraq. Not to mention another 3 months for their families, anxiously waiting at home for them. All, so the "Idiot in Chief" can drag this out for an extra year or so, because his only 'exit strategy' is to hand over HIS disaster to the next administration and say, "YOU lost the war, I was THIS CLOSE to winning." If only HE, could suffer some of the pain he is causing to SO MANY others. But that's not the way it works. Too bad.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?