OK, I admit it,

I'm BORED. When I'm able to ski, or golf, or spend time with my honey, things are fine. BUT, that still leaves some time to fill. I need a project, a plan, a reason to get up in the morning. I gotta admit, it's been really nice not HAVING to do anything, other than helping with housework. In addition to golf and skiing, I've read some great books, played with kitties, enjoyed time with my family, a great HD TV and some fantastic music. And, at any minute I may have to head out to 'who knows where' for some disaster, but who knows when that will happen. In the meantime, I'm open to ideas, as to ,"What would you do if you were a 57 year old guy, somewhat healthy, somewhat financially independent, with a few good years left?" Am open to suggestions, and they can be anonymous. Seriously, what would you do in my place? I think of the Jethro Tull line, that goes something like "too old to rock n roll, and too young to die". Neither is totally true, but you get what I mean. Did the 'volunteer thing' with the City of Broomfield, and just felt 'used'. Not complaining, but networking, for ideas. Come on, just pretend you're an old guy with time on your hands. What would YOU do???

Comments

Deb said…
Hi! Just happened upon your blog while "surfing" other blogs. Love your Bush views! I thought I was the only one who can see through all the BS that this "war" involves. You are so lucky to be retired and still young enough to enjoy it. Have you ever thought of being a "mentor"? Don't know if that's something available in your area but there are lots of kids out there who could use someone in their corner. Just a thought!! Keep blogging!
Anonymous said…
I agree with this blogger, you would make a good "mentor".
Book suggestion:
"The Hippie Guide to Climbing the Corporate Ladder & other Mountains. (How Jansport made it happen during the summer of love)

There is a new book out about Einstien that looks good! The Genius! Ha Ha

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?