Another shared e-mail

to my right-wing buddy....
Source of my beliefs-

I used to be very apolitcal. Then I got into DIsaster Insurance Adjusting, to make money AND to help people that need it it, badly. Saw lots of suffering, up close and personal. There were 2 years where one hurricane followed another. The poorer people really suffered (still do). I also suffered, somewhat, as I went thru 2 hurricanes myself and had to live without electricity for over a week, twice. No refrigeration was the worst, but not being able to buy gas and food was bad, too. I at least always had water and sanitation, unlike the poor people of Iraq, who's main sin was living under Saddam, who the US put in power to combat the Ayatollah. They were/are the victims of 'shock and awe', who had their lives blown apart by George's 'oops, bad intelligence' war. Hundreds of thousands of civilians killed. Many more than that wounded, horribly. Millions, who could afford it, have left the country. Electricity a couple hours a day. Little access to pure water and sewers. No AC and refrigeration in a country where 115 degrees is normal in summer. I have a feeling for what that is like. The terrible heat, you can't get away from. And it makes me so mad to think W did this to a nation under false pretenses, and he's not being held responsible for it. Remember, it's not a parlor room debate as to 'would he' lie his way into war, he DID it. No responsible person should be able to say, "Oh well, he got bad information" When you are in his position you don't take "My Country" to war on 'bad information". He SHOULD be sentenced for war crimes. BUT, he won't be. Cause too many powerful people (oil, defense, etc) have made and continue to make SOO much $$$$. Try living in 100 degree heat with no electricity for a week, and see if you don't develop some compassion for those poor souls over there, especially the children, that are the victims of King George's War. It is easy to put them out of your mind, but you shouldn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?