Was just outside,

and talking with my neighbor, Phil Kennedy, over the fence. He's very Irish, and I mentioned I had just been to an Irish wake, and thought it was a good tradition. He then shared a pretty neat story. It seems his uncle is Jerry Kennedy, or Captain Kennedy, as I knew him, when I worked security for Barry Fey concerts. He, Jerry, ended up being head of vice and narcotics with the Denver Police Dept. We worked many concerts together and he always spoke when I saw him later. It seemed like he was at every concert, Broncos and Nuggets game, as part of his 'job'. So, Phil was saying when he was 13, his uncle, Jerry's brother, died and they had a 3 day wake at Phil's house. I knew Cap'n Kennedy was a friend of Elvis and had received a Cadillac and quite a bit of jewelry from him. Anyway, the first day of the wake, who shows up but 'The King' in a glittery jumpsuit, and wearing a shoulder holster and bulletproof vest, which he took off, and forgot in the front closet. A couple days later, Phil was home when Elvis showed up and collected his stuff. Phil said he was about 350 lbs. and really stoned the whole time, but insisted on paying for the whole thing and flew in his gospel singers for the funeral. Good story..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?