Had another great day,

on the golf course, having a good time with the 'goons', and made a few bucks. Also, met with Rich, the tournament director at Thorncreek, and got some info on sponsoring a golf tournament. Bottom line, am trying to figure out a way to do a charity tournament for Bryan, and send him to MDA camp. Bryan, in case you don't know, has muscular dystrophy. It's not gonna be easy, mainly because they want a lot of $ ($85/person, PLUS food and drink), when the regular greens fees are only about $45. Doesn't leave much room for "profit', unless I charge huge entry fees, and that's gonna cut WAY down on participation. Am gonna work on it, but am a bit disappointed at the moment, Will try to speak w/other courses. Any thoughts/ideas appreciated.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Who's Bryan?
Anonymous said…
Ellebee,
Brian is my son. Stevo and I became connected through a mutual friend I graduated from high school with. (Sorry about ending with a preposition.)Steve and I have e-mailed one another about my son, who is 26 now and has Duchenne MD. There are around 46 types of MD, Brian's happen to be the second worse type of childhood MD. Steve wanted to do something for Brian. I suggested he do something for the MDA in his area, such as have a golf tournment to raise money to send kids to MDA camp for a week. It cost over 600.00 dollars for one kid to attend camp for a week. There are several things folks can do to raise money for our kids other than the annual Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon. MDA uses more money than any other organization for the purpose of research, paying for doctor visits, camp, buying wheelchairs and keeping them in tiptop shape, orthotics, braces, camp, parties for kids with MD. This is one one the most well run and honest organizations I've ever been associated with and I've been associated with our local Toledo MDA chapter for the past 19 years.
So, does that answer your question? By the way, my name is Judy Helsel. Brian is my stepson and I've been his mom since he was 3 years old. Anything else you wish to know just e-mail me @ jhelsel@bex.net

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?