I miss her

I took Carol to the airport early Thursday morning, when she left to visit her sister in Chicago. I knew it would be different around here, but did not realize HOW different. During the course of an average year, I spend many days/nights away from home. With fishing and hunting trips, golf outings and occasional disaster insurance jobs, Carol gets rid of me quite often, and I imagine she has gotten used to it, and prob'ly looks forward to it. I, on the other hand, VERY seldom am "Home Alone". I don't think I like it. TOO quiet. Kari is at Ted's, ( I think they are looking at houses today), but at least I have the kitties to play with. Without Bella and Sophie providing entertainment with their "herd of buffalo" runs across the floor and their twisting, turning flying leaps, I would actually have to get out and do something. Still might. Did get a book yesterday, and it's pretty good already. I like Steven White, a local author, whose books are set in this area. "The Best Revenge" is currently taking place in the Boulder/Lafayette area. Places I know well. Will give review when I complete it. My blog mentor, Laura, is always reviewing books, so that must be permissable blog fodder. If not, too bad.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know what steve, I miss her an awful lot myself. I miss those hugs I would get all the time, those soft lips and beautiful blue eyes. The feeling of her arms wrap around my body.OOOOObaby
Fam Guy said…
Carol just read it w/me. She hit me and said "Poop heads"

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Yahoo…Dotard’s Big Beautiful Diesel Deal pissed off Ukraine and most of the world, plus well over half of Congress and the US, BUT, it helped his buddy Putin and his partners in Big Oil, sooo, we can see where the dick’s priorities are.