Where to start?

Strange as it may seem, I actually lay awake last night thnking of the possibilities for this blog. Part of me said, it don't matter cause no ones' gonna read it anyway, but another part said someday, someone I care about, might. I also wonder if proper spelling, grammar, fixing typos, etc. is important. At this point, I din't think so. We've all seen the message where a complete story has the first and last letter of each word correct, but all the interior letters are mixed up. The human brain, even mine, it seems, is able to read the juxtaposed words nearly as easily correct ones. Go figure. That said, I'll make an effort to be careful, but I'm not going to be too anal. I also decided I will get a little content here, a few days or weeks, before I tell anyone I'm even doing it. That way, if I decide to bail on the project, not many will know I'm a quitter. SOOOOO, my first semi-serious post, has to be something I feel strongly about. And that has to be, surprise, to those who don't know me well, POLITICS. These last few years, one of my main passions in life, has been a visceral hatred of George Bush, and his administration. I can't see his face on TV without yelling an obscenity. Carol gets tired of it I know, but has realized it's gonna happen. I think of GFB the way I used to think of sex. Nearly all the time. Sick, I know, but I see the short and long term damage this clown has caused, his struggle with the language, the lies he thinks he can get away with, ( I could go on for paragraphs) and I wonder how a third of this country could support him. At least there was a referendum on him and his policies, and we now have the House and Senate out from the control of the right wing wackos. Not that the Dems are that much better, but, hey, they can't be worse. Enough for now. I realize I could spew venom for much longer, but why. He's a lame duck and hopefully our country can get back on track. Will try to be more positive in the future, but has to get that off my chest. Anyone (most people, anyway) my age who lived thru the Viet Nam debacle, thought we, as a nation, had learned a valuable lesson. Not W and his crew. If there's money to be made, for big oil, Halliburton, Bechtel, General Dynamics, etc, screw the human cost. Bombs away!!! I hope there's a special place in hell for them. Sorry, I thought I was done, and now I am....

Comments

Anonymous said…
C'mon Steve, tell us how you really feel. How has Bush hurt us "long term"?
Fam Guy said…
Well, for one, I see how the Nat'l Guard helps disaster victims. Who's gonna join now, to get that college money, when they realize some clown can send them to get their ass shot off in the desert somewhere, just 'cause he wants to enrich his campaign contibutors? This will hurt all U.S. victims/college $$ needing students, for generations to come. If you want more, let me know...

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?