Been gone,

for awhile, because I have posted enough anti-Bush stuff, which IS my main passion lately. Because of this idiot's ineptitude, in SO many areas, we are entering a 'perfect storm', for the economy. Just this last week, oil went over $110/barrel, the dollar reached new lows against other world currencies, gold went over $1000/ounce and there was a 'run' on Bear Stearns, one of the largest financial instituions in the country. If not for Fed intervention, and J.P Morgan stepping in, they would have 'folded' within the day. Just my humble opinion, but, with the unfolding housing/mortgage/credit situation, I think we are in for some real, near term, trouble, and this is just the beginning. As for putting my $$ where my mouth is, and staying with my policy of financial disclosure, I am continuing to sell out of the stock market and getting further into the precious metals market. Earlier, it was gold mining stock and now it is physical silver. Specifically, I have gotten into silver bullion and Silver Eagles, which are .999 silver, one ounce coins. I think the gov't is going to have to continue to print money as fast as they can, to try to delay this recession, which is rapidly turning into a depression. If they do, and they WILL be forced to, this will further weaken the dollar and silver should go up. If they don't, the economy will crash even faster and silver will REALLY go up. In 1980 we had a similar scare, though things weren't NEARLY as bad, and silver went to $48/ounce, in 1980 dollars. Only time will tell, BUT, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Good luck to all....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?