Smart car

Click here: eBay Motors: Smart : SMART (item 250227214457 end time Mar-25-08 15:25:13 PDT)

Last May, I was surfin', and saw a chance to put down $100, to get on the waiting list to buy a "Smart Car', made by Mercedes, when they became available in the U.S. While we were in Italy, we saw some of these, thought they were cute, and found they were the 'hottest' car available at the time. Anyway, I got on the list, kinda forgot about it, BUT, last week, got an e-mail, asking how I wanted to equip my 'Smart Car'
.http://www.smart.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/mpc-en-content-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/Smart_CC-LoadConfig?hashCode=config-EN-DFD529FE-7D1A-4AAE-BEEC-3FE9E2DA9D02.

SOOO, I ordered it to my specs, and today, spoke with the local dealer. They are totally sold out with a long wating list, and people are paying a premium to avoid a 2 year wait. This car on E-Bay, with 6 days to go, has bids over $2000 higher than I have a contract for. Too early to be for sure, BUT it could be a sweet deal. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm gonna drive one. Should be fun...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! So cute - you're really going to get one??
Fam Guy said…
My plan at the moment is to auction it on E-Bay, or let the dealer sell it for me OVER the asking price. There is approx a 2 year waiting list, unless you ordered as soon as it came out, like I did. I have seen this happen with other cars and thought it could happen with this one. Never planned to drive one, but thought they would be popular here, ESP w/gas prices as they are.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?