Rock n Roll memories....

Heard Alice Cooper on the radio today, and was reminded of a concert we did in Phoenix, long ago. 'Twas at Diablo Field, and don't remember much about the show, but we had a day to kill for some reason, and Alice, who lived in Phoenix, at the time, with his mother and sister, on a golf course, put together a softball game. On stage, he had some great songs, but a pretty weird show. Offstage, he was pretty normal, and really nice guy. He is nearly a scratch golfer, these days, and plays in a lot of pro-ams. But on this day, we had two teams of softball players, with a wide range of ability. It was basically Barry Fey's crew vs. Alice and friends. It soon became apparent I was the only one who could consistently pitch a softball, so I ended up pitching for both teams. Some of the players I remember, other than Barry and Alice, were Flo and Eddie, the two main guys from "The Turtles" (remember 'Happy Together'?) and Bill Graham, the biggest concert promoter in the country. He was killed in a helicopter accident and his rock n roll memorobilia is valued at over $50 million. Anyway, it was a fun time with roadies, musicians, stoners and promoters playing ball and ending up at Alice's mother's house, cleaning up in her pool and eating barbecue. This was the first time Alice met Jerry and Larry McKim, a couple of goons, but more on them later.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great story! I love your new rock and roll theme...
Anonymous said…
Love the new stories. You should tell more. Much more interesting that the taxes we are working on!
Unknown said…
hey can you hook me up with either Larry or Jerry or LeLani McKim, I haven't seen or heard from them in about 30-35 yrs,Lelani spent a week with me after the Alice shows, then we did the Dylan shows in Phoenix and then Denver, I was Dylan's back stage body guard and was to keep people away from Dylan in which I screwed up and got scolded by Barry, I was too busy talking to the guy on stage who would be sitting in rocking chair on stage during Dylan's act on stage
Unknown said…
oh yea btw I am Ron Haholy, they knew me by that name.

Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?