Jerry and Larry,

or, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb. Hope they never see this, cause they'll come and kick my -ss. 'The Boys', were twins. 6'7" and around 280. These were the guys Barry chose to head his 'security'. My buddy, Gary, went to high school with them, in Thornton, and got to know them. I worked with Gary as a union carpenter, in the early 70's. We made good money and did concerts on the side. Then went 'full time' with some big name bands. Not to drop names, but, The Who, The Stones, Tull, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, to name a few, made for some interesting shows. Did Denver shows, and a bunch of shows thruout the Midwest. Anyway, Jerry and Larry impressed Alice with their size and attitude, so he signed them up for his 'freak show'. They were 'plants' in the audience who he would 'get into it with', just to cause a scene. They were such a hit with the show and him, they went with him on this European tour and had an amazing time, touring European capitals. Am going to continue this 'epic' with the boys, on my next post. Nuggets are beating Orlando, and want to watch. Will try to do a somewhat 'contiguous' log on this particular trip, cause it was 'interesting'. Did a "Greatful Dead" concert soon after and had some more 'memorable' times

Comments

Unknown said…
I knew Larry and Jerry well, I even had their sister spend a week with me when the guys went on tour w Alice and then with Bob Dylan, do you know LeLanni McKim I would sure like to connect with her, I did several shows with the "goons" they were great guys, spent a week at his parents home I think it was Littleton Colorado, I also remember driving station wagon for one of Barry's guys back then don't remember his name though, but later found that we were carrying a brick of MJ in the glove box, and I was driving in snow in which I had difficult time.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?