One more, Dick Abood story

I was playing intramural B-ball, at Kearney State, 'cause my hair was too long to play on the college team. We won the league and went to the state playoff at North Platte, where Dick's uncle lived, so he went with us, for the game. We won, and went to the Holiday Inn bar to celebrate. I was sitting with Dick, with my long hair hanging out, while we had a Budweiser. There were a couple of cowboys, getting drunk who didn't like my hair, which was kinda unusual in Nebr in the late 60's, and they started giving me some crap. They didn't realize, the rest of my team was just walking in. Bottom line, I told the redneck to kiss my ass and he invited me outside to fight. Since I knew I had back up, and I was bigger than him, I took him up on his offer. As we got outside, he went to break his long neck Bud against a post, so he could have a glass shard like he saw in the movies, BUT, he misjudged his swing, and the bottle broke in his hand, cutting it REALLY bad. He was bleeding BIG time. Probably good for him, 'cause I was in pretty good shape, in those days, and had my buddies there to back me up. Whew, strange days...

Comments

ladyj said…
Stevo with a Nebraska Mullett....I can picture it now!!!!!!!!!!!Wearing his John Deere baseball cap.
Fam Guy said…
No mullet. Genuine hippie hair.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?