Since I'm doing Dick Abood stories,

there is one I can't forget. Again, it was spring time, Dick had just gotten a '67 Camaro, and it was 'road trip' time again. We drove his new car to Lake McConoughy on a beautiful early summer day, rented a boat, and fished the north side of the dam, catching a bunch of white bass. Again, the short version. We had a six pack, which was fine for 2 guys, for the day, at the time. We wanted to get a sun tan, and, being totally white, after a Nebraska winter, spent the entire day, shirtless, in a boat, with the sun beating down on us. By nightfall, we had the worst sunburn either of us had ever had, and, I am sure, have ever had, since then. It was SO BAD, we had to spend the night at his uncle's house in North Platte. It is said your brain doesn't remember pain. WRONG! I remember that sunburn pain, 'cause I couldn't sit in the vinyl seat of of the new Camaro because it hurt SO bad. Bottom line, after peeling all my upper body skin, I will never forget that kind of stupidity...

Comments

ladyj said…
Can totally feel your pain: boogie boarding, north shore of Oahu, about a week after arriving on island. Had to go to ER and have blisters removed via a bristle brush and then have dressing on back and shoulders. Ah yes, one more memory living in California, went to Torrey Pines with friends to surf board. Was burned so bad, I couldn't wear a bra. I soaked in icewater in the bath tub. To this day, I still have blister scars on my arms.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?