Don't know why,


I thought of it, (early onsetAlzheimer's?) but flashed back to a time, as a very young kid, when my best friend, Randy Britton, (who moved to AZ when we were kids, and later won the 100 yd. dash there, in high school), were talking about how to spell "poop". I said poup, cause I knew how to spell soup. He said that would be pow'p. We couldn't ask anyone, cause it was too nasty. I later found out he was right, but we never settled it, cause he moved, BUT, what I remember was, he never said good bye, as he was in the car, and he was crying, but didn't want me to see. We were like, 2nd graders. (As a side bar, my new friend, Jon Cole, won the NE 100 yd dash). Stupid story, but true, and have NO idea why it came to me....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm going to guess it came from getting the proper chance to say goodbye to people we care about and that stemmed from Matt. Just a thought.
-hb-
ladyj said…
Sometimes the passing of a dear friend can bring memories we've held onto. Could be this is one of those times, eh?
Just to let you know why I've not been around, Brian had surgery. Due to the atrophy from having MD, his toes have turned downward, causing his metatarsal bone to protrude and break through the skin on his great toe, right foot which caused an open wound which would not heal. The metatarsal bone had to be removed, as did the great toe on the right foot and part of the bone on the left big toe metatarsal, however his left toe was saved. He was in hospital overnight, but is home now, doing fine..on a Vicodin high, lucky duck! His story will be as follows: he was in the desert of Iraq, when a rabid camel attacked, ripping off his right toe.
Anonymous said…
Great story, Steve! We hope everything went well today! Cyndi
Fam Guy said…
Prob'ly right, hb, and hope things go well w/Bryan. Maybe he'll share the Vike. Never mind, he deserves it all. Hope things go well, and it was a really good memorial Cindy.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?