I just realized

another reason that Barry Fey 'might have liked me'. It was a Halloween concert at the old Denver Coliseum in the early 70's, (I think Santana, but Carol says it was Led Zepplin). My 'costume' was a flasher outfit from the local 'Goodwill' store, consisting of a trenchcoat, the bottom half of a pair of pants, with a curly black wig and a pepperoni strapped to my waist. Right before the show started, I walked up to center stage, like I was gonna do some announcement, then 'flashed' the audience. First it was just gasps, then a bunch of cheers and clapping. I noticed Barry off to the side and he was laughing louder than anyone. The next day I was on the front page of 'The Straight Creek Journal', (click on to enlarge pic) which was the 'Westword' of the time, a free underground newspaper. Later, I offered Barry a bite of my pepperoni, (after others 'took a bite', while I was still wearing it) and it was one of the few times I ever saw him turn down food. After that, Barry remembered me and was usually friendly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?