Loveland closes tomorrow,

so we used our last tickets and went skiing yesterday. Perfect conditions after 44" of new snow, clear blue sky and no wind or crowds. Was just what I needed after a week of bad news. Nothing like schussing down a mountain, with tunes in your ears and the most awesome scenery imaginable to lift your spirits. Carol and I realized we have been skiing together for 43 years, and although we should probably be better by now, we're still good enough to really enjoy it. We both wish we'd have gone to 'short' skis, long ago. I realized I'm 'in the zone' when all I had to do is think where I wanted go and I ended up there. Sorta like low level flying. Yesterday was also special, realizing it was the last day of the year, for us. Left at 9, skied all we wanted, and home by 5.  Good way to replace negative thoughts with positive energy. I love Colorado.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?