Just returned

from a visit with my folks, in Kearney, Nebr. The time went way too fast and I wish I would have scheduled more time with them. Will have to get back much more often. For a couple who's 90 and 87, and still living in their own home, they are doing pretty well, but the years are taking a toll, as their bodies get weaker and more frail. Their minds are sharp, though, they are still in love, relatively pain free and comfortable in their cozy home, though the temp was a little too warm for me. Had a great time reminiscing, looking at old photos and just enjoying their company. Was just a little sad, though, too feel how 'bony' they had gotten when I gave 'em hugs, which I did at every opportunity. Seems dad has a medical condition that's really 'fatiguing' him, but they weren't able to explain just what it is, so I have a call in to his Dr, and he has agreed to call me back tomorrow, after I was added to 'the HIPA list'. Can't wait to speak with him and hear the official diagnosis/prognosis of his problem. The good news is they have SO many friends who drop by with food and companionship, because they are such wonderful, special people. I just wish I was closer, so I could spend more time with them, but am planning more phone calls and visits, while I still can. Am realizing more, all the time, how fortunate I am, to have them as 'Mom and Dad'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?