Was sitting in the hot tub,

tonight, and remembered a story from long ago. Will try to make it short. Carol and I were 'just married' and lived in a great apt on Capitol Hill, in Denver. Had a problem with management, don't remember exactly what, BUT, stood up to them, and said we had been wronged. The next month, we were offered a free apt, to manage the 4 story apt house. Was cool. A couple of months later, these 2 'hi-class hippie' guys paid cash for an apt, late one night, and a month or so later, when rent was due, I knocked on their door, no answer, and I let myself in. There was a huge blood spot in the middle of the living room floor, and another in the middle of the bedroom. No furniture, luggage, etc. Just large, dark blood spots, with a small blood trail going toward the door, AND, a small, fancy wooden stash box, with an assortment of drugs, hidden high on a closet shelf. We told the owners, who never called the police, just replaced the carpet. It was a drug deal gone bad. Two people killed, I think, because of what was left behind. Always wondered what happened there, but it was after a murder in an apt building close by, that got bad publicity, and by the time I decided I should do/say something it was too late. Hadn't thought of it for a LONG time, but looking at the sky, tonight, it all came back. Don't know why...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Possibly the smoke rising from your bong brought back old memories........:)? Just a thought
Fam Guy said…
It's illegal to smoke a bong in Colorado....
Anonymous said…
I do apologize.....zig zag

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Yahoo…Dotard’s Big Beautiful Diesel Deal pissed off Ukraine and most of the world, plus well over half of Congress and the US, BUT, it helped his buddy Putin and his partners in Big Oil, sooo, we can see where the dick’s priorities are.