There's a lot in this world

that I don't understand, although I can usually see why business decisions are made. BUT, there's a story today, on the Business Channel, that I just can't comprehend. The short version; Landry's (restaurant corp), bought Morton's (Steakhouse chain), for a bunch of money, then proceeded to shut them down. WOW. I really like Morton's, and they seem like a great business, as they serve a great steak, (at a large price) and are always crowded, as it's a great 'celebration' place.  Why would you buy this company, then close the doors, in over 60 cities, and put over 3000 people out of work?  Must be a story there, but I don't see it. Why spend all that money, then shut 'em down? Just don't understand....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?