Watching the news tonight,

 reminded me of something. At my first class reunion, (5th or10th?), Harold McClure,(KHS pricipal) came up to me and asked a lot of questions, and I couldn't figure why at the time. When I asked about it, he said that I was 2nd, in a class of approx 270, in 1967, on the SAT tests, (which I would never had known, if he hadn't told me) and he wondered what I was doing. I remember how disappointed he was, when I said I was a carpenter in Denver. He said I oughta consider 'doing more', with an IQ of 147. I blew it off at the time, (cuz I didn't know how good that number was) but am looking at it, in a different light, now. Not to brag, but have just recently looked at the numbers, (after an interview on Denver Channel 9, with one of the 'Red Tail' veterans, from the new movie, who said he become a pilot when his IQ was found to be over 140) and I kinda realized why I look at the world a little differently. Not gonna lie, cuz the facts are 'out there', if you can access them (1967 SAT scores, Kearney, NE). An 'all day' SAT test, and I came in 2nd, in 1967 at KHS. I always wondered who was 1st. Jim Lane, Dick Oliver or Carol Kimbal? I just know, I was 2nd. Not bad, for a jock, who ended up in construction. Just kinda explains why I'm a little 'different'.

Comments

Fam Guy said…
Had never considered posting this, until I saw a local news story about the movie 'Red Tails', and there was a local black veteran, who explained how he was allowed to become a pilot, even though he was black, cuz he had an IQ over 140. I thought, 'Big Deal', and finally looked at, how unusual that is. Wouldn't post it, unless it were true, cuz is really easy to verify. Not that I really used it to the extent I should have. Sorta explains my different point of view,though.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?