Birdwatching,

back when she had the energy to stand up. Yesterday seemed like the most painful day I can remember, but today is worse. I need to take her to the vet one last time, but don't know how I'm gonna make that decision, knowing I'll never see her again. In reading about her disease, I found that it strikes about 1 in 5000 cats, usually kittens at about 4 months. There is a common virus (corona) that is pretty much all over the place, but most animals, including humans and kitties, have a natural defense against it, so it is not a problem. In rare cases, that internal defense is not there, a missing or defective gene, that doesn't allow them to fight it off, and it just gradually takes over. There is no treatment or cure for it. If tears were a cure, she would have been healed many times over. I had no idea I could become so emotionally attached to such a feisty little ball of fur. It would help if she weren't so darn CUTE...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?