My Buddy


This is a special picture for me. I named him/her Evinrude, and he/she was a very special dragonfly during my time in the swamps of Louisiana. For several evenings, I would take a break and step outside my trailer to collect my thoughts after a long day of doing hurricane claims. I couldn't help but notice that a dragonfly would seem to come out of nowhere and hover near me. It would then land on my knee or somewhere close, and even allow me to PET it. VERY strange, but it happened. I have always said that if reincarnation was real, I would like to come back as a dragonfly, because they can can fly and make love at the same time. Seems pretty cool to me. If you notice our home decor, you may see "of what I speak".Anyway, during a very stressful time of my life, I had this dragonfly making an appearance nearly every evening for a while. Was pretty cosmic. I'm sure you had to be there to appreciate it, but it was very real at the time. Whatever, it's a good memory on this cold night in Colorado....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe it was an old friend, just saying "Hi" and letting you know everything would be alright!
I had a big Grouper do that to me on a dive trip once. It was a night dive and he kept laying in my lap while we were sitting on the ocean floor playing with an Octopus.
Fam Guy said…
Have never done a night dive. Sounds cool, but kinda scary. Will have to dive next May in Mexico. Would like to think "old friends" could do stuff like that...

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?