Interesting article today,

about 'midlife crises', and the fact that most people actually don't have one, BUT, the best part, to me, was when the author pointed out that most people are most happy and content in their 60's. I know it's certainly true for me. Sure, I really enjoyed my hormone driven, athletic teenage years, and watching my children grow up was really special. However, as for pure enjoyment and contentment, I'm really 'loving life' at this stage. There was time when I figured someone of my age was so old that you might as well throw 'em in a hole and scoop dirt on them, cuz life was over by then. BUT, now that I'm here, it's totally different than my preconceptions. In a society that worships youth, fitness and beauty, many people look at old age (60's) as 'over the hill'. However, if you still have your health, home, family and can afford the creature comforts I think it is the prime of life. Of course, living in one of the best places on earth and having a beautiful, loving wife doesn't hurt, not to mention wonderful kids, their spouses and a truly lovely granddaughter. Now it sounds like bragging, and didn't mean to go there, merely to comment on the article on AOL this morning about midlige crises and growing old. As for me, bring it on. These are my golden years and life is better than I ever imagined.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?