8 Random things

I rec'd a challenge/assignment from Laura, to respond to a bloggers thing, regarding 8 random things about myself. Am having a bit of a problem, cause I'm not sure what, if anything, to do with this. When I consider what to include, it seems to fall into 3 basic categories. The first would include, what I would call, bragging, and it would be easy to do, but am not sure how well it would be rec'd. Next, would be degrading stories, which i am not sure I would want to share. That leaves boring stories. SOOO, what do I do? IF, I decide to participate, I guess I would try to do a mix, but would that be random? Kinda struggling here, caue I could throw out some random stuff, but why? Most people who know me, KNOW me, and those who don't, don't care. But, for lack of anything better, I'll throw out a couple of things.
1. The most important thing in my life, by far, is my family, and the older I get, the more I love and appreciate them, and I feel so bad when I hurt or disappoint them.
2. I really hate George Bush, for SO many reasons I can't begin to list them. It just never ceases to amaze me, that the American public could have been fooled by this buffoon for so long. But, if you read me at all, you know this.
3. As I get older, I am more conflicted on spiritual things than ever, which is totally different than what I thought it would be.
4. I realize I drink too much, but I can't imagine NOT drinking, and I don't think I'm getting worse.
5. I would love to find a purpose/mission in life, that would be important and satisfying, but I have NO idea what it is.
6. This is in NO WAY, 8 random things about myself.
7. I really like my new "Flavor-Wave" oven, inspired by an infomercial....
8. The health of my back will really contribute to the quality of my future life, and I'm hoping for the best....

Comments

Anonymous said…
you can't add #9. I'm sure people would love to know your favorite vegetable is brussel sprouts, but like most people you can't eat too many or there are consequences for all that are near. Or that you grew up in a time when you hardly ever had to leash your dog for a walk, you just went & no one had a tizzy fit. Have you seen the world change more than your dad? Different, yes, but more? And finally, why don't you listen to the wisdom of your wife more?
Love

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?