While lying awake, last night,

after watching Oliver Stone's "JFK", a movie that I hadn't seen for in a LONG time, I was kinda asking myself what I really believed. First of all, if you haven't seen JFK, which was nominated for 8 Academy Awards, you gotta. It has probably the most amazing cast I have ever seen together in one movie. It really brings back all the sorrow and rage of Kennedy's assassination, the Viet Nam War, and the huge number of unabashed lies the gov't put out, which some people actually believe(d). I would imagine you would have had to have lived through it, like I did, to feel true outage. BUT, I'm getting off course. My thoughts, last night, then turned toward 9-11, Iraq and the Bush administation. Do I believe Bush went to war KNOWING Saddam had no WMD? Absolutely, without a doubt. I can't say if it was religious zeal, advice from big oil/military advisors, or if he's just stupid. Probably a combination of the three. Did Cheney/Rumsfeld (and maybe Bush) have prior knowledge, and possible connections to 9-11? Maybe. Lots of credible information points toward it. BUT, even I have a hard time believing someone could be so evil, although if someone could, Cheney would be at the top of my list. So, I'm left, still pondering the unthinkable, but certainly not convinced that the hundreds of billions of dollars spent on oil and defense (Cheney and Rumsfeld) wasn't the payoff for the ultimate greed of some powerful old men. I know it's hard to believe, but I thoroughly believed we could never have another Viet Nam type war, people being killed and maimed, based on lies, but we did. All I can do is keep an open mind, and ultimately let the facts lead me to the truth. I just know I'm not ruling out anything....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?