After many days

of pain in my right arm, I went to the Dr, yesterday, to see about getting it fixed. When I was a kid, I had a compound fracture, and part of my elbow came through the skin. My mom looked at it and passed out, ON me. After 7 weeks, they removed the cast and decided they needed to re-break and re-set it with different pins and hardware. It seemed to take pretty well that time, cuz I was able to play basketball, baseball, throw darts etc. However, the last few years I have been getting bone spur growth around the elbow joint and it has restricted my range of motion and has started to make funny noises and ache. I decided to have the excess bone removed, thinking it was no big deal, but the doc said it is a pretty big deal. Basically it involves exposing the bones involved and chiseling away the bone growth. 3 to 4 month recuperation and considerable pain. I said 'no thanks', I'll learn to live with it. The doc said it would be a good idea to learn to do all I can left handed. Sounds like a good plan, to me.

Comments

ladyj said…
I can teach ya. Hey I broke my left arm in 6th grade and had to lern to do everything right handed. I've lived in a right hand world all my life......think about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?