Carol talked me into going

with her to the new Harry Potter fiim, yesterday. I started to read the J K Rowling series a few years ago, but gave up on it when I thought it became repetitious, though I have enjoyed the amazing films it has inspired. This new movie (Deathly Hallows) is pretty dark and very complicated, at least it was for me. I spent most of the movie thinking, 'What the heck is that all about?', and gotta admit I didn't enjoy it, mainly cuz I hadn't read the book OR remembered what happened in the last movie. Anyway, is my turn to pick the next flick, and it's gonna be 'The King's Speech', which seems kinda dry, but has gotten great reviews. Also finished the 2nd season of 'True Blood', which is pretty weird, but very interesting at the same time. I guess Ted put the 3rd season on discs for us, (thank you Mr. Ted) so we'll have that soon. Also finished (and enjoyed) the new Michael Connelly (one of my favorite authors) book, 'The Reversal' and started one of my Christmas books, 'The Game of Thrones', which I hope will be good cuz it is a long series. It's obviously too cold/snowy for golf, and my elbow has been sore, so I gotta do something, and have been thankful to have interesting diversions, so far. Tomorrow, I'm off to visit Nate, Jen and Jess cuz their new 'sim' (flight simulator) is ready to fly. Really cool experience. Last time I crash landed near the strip in Vegas when I got too low and it was SO real I felt queasy for the next half hour. Nate's near the end of his 6 month sabbatical from Oracle and is gonna have to decide if he's going back to the comfort (and boredom) of corporate America, or work his butt off in a 'start up' company that has some real potential. Will be interesting....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?