Military retirement benefits

could be 'looked at', as a possibility to reduce the deficit.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/us/retiree-benefits-for-the-military-could-face-cuts.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2
 Oh Really? If you had worked hurricane damage as an adjuster in Florida, as I have after MANY hurricanes, you would understand how our retired military lives. Like royalty. After retiring at 50 or shortly before or after, these guys live in gated golf course communities, with 2 luxury cars in the garage, a large boat and expensive antiques throughout a huge house. I'm not kidding or exaggerating. Am not sure what rank, in the different services you need to achieve such status, but it is the norm, throughout Florida, espescially on the swanky coasts. Shopping at PX's, with all medical paid for and receiving huge monthly checks. Lotta people don't realize how much taxpayer money goes to support this opulent lifestyle of our retied military. Looks like a logical place to begin saving money, to me.

Comments

ladyj said…
I will agree with you there.
Anonymous said…
You probably saw three people and thought that all retired military people live like kings. Many of them had second careers. Many of them can't live off their pensions.

Get the friggin facts before spouting your bullshit lies, which most of your blog is.

Guess I'll go read something that makes sense, instead of this garbage.
Anonymous said…
btw, idiot. My military pension is $24,000 a year, and I have to pay taxes on it. Yea, I'm living like royalty. And I pay for my health insurance, have co-pays, etc, just like everyone else.

You've got to be the biggest idiot on the planet. And I guess your one reader is even a bigger idiot because she believes you.
Fam Guy said…
3 people? I've had hundreds of retired military claims and worked MANY neighborhoods, (gated golf course communities) that are made up of a majority of military retirees. You obviously aren't high enough on the military food chain to get the BIG bucks, but hundreds of thousands are, idiot.
Fam Guy said…
What other 'job' can you retire at 50, then double dip to get the really big bucks?
Fam Guy said…
Wow. A hard core right wing, double dipping, FOX loving military pensioner/Texan doesn't appreciate my blog. I am shocked.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?