Watched 60 Minutes last night,

and they showed part of the Broadway show, 'The Book of Mormon', and played one of the songs, about how Jesus visited the United States, (and the Garden of Eden was in Missouri) and other stuff that the Mormons believe, like the golden tablets that were delivered by an angel, but were misplaced, and their private planet, etc. Pretty crazy, but gets worse, when you realize that the leading Repub candidate is a Mormon. Most religions have some degree of weirdness, but Mormonism kinda goes 'over the top'. Again, let me say, I know/have known Mormons and they are, for the most part, good people. Just hard for me to understand what some people will actually profess to believe.

Comments

ladyj said…
I've read the Book Of Mormon and by and large it is pretty much word for word our Bible, except by different authors. You see, Joseph Smith, who was unable to read or write was guided by the Angel, Moroni, to decipher the tablets and a woman then wrote down what Joseph said. Of course he was on one side of a curtain and she on the other. I also understand the Mormons found Utah to be the only place that would accept them. I've known several Mormons and find them to be very religious, normal, individuals, with the exception of Glenn Beck, but I actually don't know him, nor do I wish to unless I want to be arrested for doing bodily harm.
Fam Guy said…
You need to see, 'The Book of Mormon', but it'll be years 'til tickets are available.
Fam Guy said…
Does that mean if you believe in Moroni you are Moronic? Just came to me, but can't believe I'm the first to see it.
ladyj said…
you could also be a Moron, but that's another story.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?