Again, we get to this point,

where my brain screams, after being subjected to another 'rapture' prediction. I don't believe the Biblical story of (7 day) creation, the age of the earth, Adam and Eve, (with the talking snake and the apple) the first people, who's son was kicked out, and joined another tribe (?), Noah's Ark, the bear and the bald man (2nd Kings, 22), Jonah, and a whole bunch of ancient stories, (one of the worst being stopping the sun {duh, it's the earth that spins, and could you imagine what would happen if it stopped for awhile?} so a big slaughter could happen, in the Lord's name), as an ancient collection of myths (and nice stories) attempts to explain history and science, to a totally uneducated crowd, a couple thousand years ago. And now 'the book' is held up as infallible? Sorry, to those it hurts, but it's not even close to being factual, these days. Not even close.Took me many years to admit it, and am not gonna pretend any more. Can't believe in a heaven with streets of gold and mansions for believers, while the unbelievers burn in Hell, forever. A religion that preaches hate against gays, who are born that way, and subjugate women to second class status, just isn't right. It 's worked for the Vatican for centuries, as the wealth pours in, but not for me. It's my blog, and I write what I believe. Not gonna apologize any more, cuz there's a whole bunch of us, who think like me. Not ashamed any more, to admit what's real.

Comments

ladyj said…
You're not hurting me, only your own Soul.
Fam Guy said…
Who wants to hurt you? Or anyone else? Just talkin' truth. Why would you, or anyone else, say such a thing? AND, if there is a god, why would he/she penalize me, for using the brain I was given?
ladyj said…
yes you have a brain, but are you making the right choice?

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?